I learned to stay out of malls as a newlywed.
But I hope you aren’t just reading. I pray you are counting. Counting and giving thanks for the specific ways God is blessing you each day. If you’re not, you’re going to get annoyed.
Annoyed. Or depressed. Or angry. Definitely discontent. Not because my life is “all that,” but because reading about how God is showing His love to someone else without considering how He’s loving you is like window shopping.
So if you haven’t already, please go check out your “closet” this weekend. And one by one start counting, and enjoying, and thanking God for the gifts you find.
And on Monday would you consider sharing with me and the others reading here what you found? For those new to blogs, you just click on “Comments” and post at the bottom of the page that comes up.
As an extra incentive for your search, I’m going to be randomly choosing someone who comments to receive a copy of the New York Times bestseller, One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp.
47. words of faith and insight spoken by the kids
48. praying together for friends and family
49. how Sam’s smile and laugh can make even playing the card game “War” un-monotonous
50. Ben helping Joe with math (Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell together in unity. ~Ps 133:1)
51. strong hands, a sore back, and lavender oil
52. an hour and a coffee shop
53. Ben’s first basketball game
54. great coaches and men in my boys’ lives
55. skyping with Daniel!